Fast, Friendly Oil Change Service
Regular oil change service is an important part of your car’s health. At Virginia Tire & Auto, our Extra-Mile Oil Change service provides the fast, friendly and efficient service that drivers across Virginia need to keep their engines—and their schedules—running smoothly.
Why go to Virginia Tire & Auto for an oil change?
There are quick lube shops all over Virginia that promise speedy service and professional repairs. What they don’t tell you is that you’re often getting sold from the moment you walk in the door until you drive out of the bay.
Virginia Tire & Auto’s mechanics never recommend any service that you don’t need. Our expert mechanics are trained to perform a 25-point courtesy inspection of your entire vehicle. This Extra-Mile Oil Change service ensures that your belts and hoses are in good condition, your battery is charged and fluids are at the proper level.
Our 25-Point Oil Change Service and 90-day/4,000-mile oil and filter warranty give you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is truly protected when you hit the road.
Extra Mile Oil Change Pricing
Synthetic Blend Oil
- A mixture of conventional motor oils and synthetic base stocks
- Synthetic blend provides more performance and protection than conventional oil
- Excellent antiwear protection to critical engine parts
- Protection against deposit and sludge formation
- Meets or exceeds warranty requirements for many car and light truck manufacturers
Full Synthetic Oil
- Uses a synthetic base stock mixed with a variety of additives that boost the performance of the oil
- Most newer vehicles require full synthetic oils in their engines
- Exceptional wear protection in hot or cold operating temperatures
- Protection for extended oil drains, heavy loads or for vehicles requiring a synthetic motor oil
- Promotes long engine life
Advanced Full Synthetic Oil
- The world’s leading full synthetic motor oil
- Used by more NASCAR teams than any other brand of motor oil
- Supports quick cold-weather starting and ultra fast protection
- Delivers outstanding performance during the maximum oil change service intervals recommended in owner’s manuals
- Helps extend engine life and reduces stress on starting components
Our 25-Point Oil Change Service includes:
- Oil Change (up to 5 quarts)
- Oil Filter Replacement
- Chassis Lube
- Service Reminder Reset
- Windshield Cleaning (exterior)
- Front Mat Vacuum
Checking (if equipped and accessible):
- Engine Air Filter
- Cabin Air Filter
- Visible Belt
- Visible Hoses
- Tire Pressure
- Tire Tread Depth
- Exterior Lights
- Wiper Blades
- Brake Fluid
- Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Axle Boots
- Inspection and Tag Expiration Dates
- Warning lights on the Dashboard
Checking and Filling:
- Washer Fluid
- Power Steering Fluid
Why do I need regular oil change service?
Oil is the lifeblood of your car. Oil lubricates, cools and cleans the moving parts of your vehicle. It helps seal pistons in the cylinders. Without oil, your car would not work.
Regular oil changes at any of Virginia Tire & Auto’s convenient locations will keep your mind on more important things—like where to drive next. Find your nearest location, from Ashburn to Centerville to Chantilly, and schedule an appointment now.
How often should I get oil change service?
The old oil change rule of thumb was for service every three months or 3,000 miles. Today, car engines can generally go longer between each oil change service. Virginia Tire & Auto’s mechanics recommend that our customers change their oil as often as their vehicle manufacturer instructs.
Pull that booklet out of the glove compartment and see how often you should get oil change service—or, if your vehicle is equipped with an oil life monitoring system, simply pay a visit to one of Virginia Tire & Auto’s 15 Virginia locations when your dashboard notification is engaged. Our mechanics can get that oil change service completed quickly and efficiently, and they’ll add a sticker to your windshield that reminds you when to stop by again. Schedule a service appointment now.
Do my driving habits affect how often I need oil change service?
You may have heard the term “severe driving” and assume it refers mainly to ice road truckers. Not true! Many of us have severe driving habits, and, in these cases, our mechanics recommend following a severe oil change schedule to protect our car.
- Do you spend a lot of time running errands in your car — making repeated short trips under five miles?
- Does your daily commute include a lot of stop-and-go action?
- Do you use your vehicle to haul heavy loads on a regular basis?
- Do you take a lot of short trips in your car (10 miles or fewer)?
- Do you drive on rough roads, dirt roads, muddy roads or salt-covered roads regularly?
- Do you spend a lot of time idling or driving at a low speed?
If you answered yes to any one of the above questions, then you should follow your manufacturer’s severe oil change service schedule.
What kind of oil do I need for my car?
We use synthetic blend and synthetic oil at our 15 Virginia Tire & Auto locations.
The benefits of synthetic oil include:
- Slower breakdown. Synthetic oil lasts longer than regular oil.
- Heat resistance. Synthetic oil withstands higher engine temperatures.
- Cold weather protection. When temperatures fall, synthetic oil does not turn to sludge.
Synthetic oil is distilled, refined and purified during a rigorous production process, enabling its individual molecules to be more consistent. This allows the synthetic oil to better meet the needs of high-performance engines, particularly in very hot or very cold weather conditions. Our mechanics also note that synthetic oil protects against engine deposits and reduces engine wear.
Consult your car’s owner’s manual and talk to a mechanic before your Virginia Auto & Tire oil change service to find out which oil is right for your vehicle. Schedule an appointment now.
We service all major automotive brands.
We service all major automotive brands including Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, RAM, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
We’re 100% committed to making sure you’re 100% satisfied. We’ve spent more than 40 years doing things the right way, and that’s why it’s part of our culture to make sure you’re in the most friendly, comfortable and honest environment possible. And it’s also why our warranty not only covers all our services but will also be honored at all our locations, too.
Synthetic motor oils contain more highly refined base oils than those used in conventional mineral oils, which can offer you better protection and performance.
Getting your oil changed is necessary for keeping your car performing at its best. When should you have this service performed?
Take the oil light on your dashboard seriously!