Customers always come first.
We’re 100% committed to making sure you’re 100% satisfied. That’s why it’s part of our culture to make sure you’re in the most friendly, comfortable, and honest environment possible. And it’s also why our warranty not only covers all our services, but will be honored at all our locations, too. At Virginia Tire & Auto, our business is people. We want you to know that as soon as you walk through our doors.
Our Service Guarantee
We want you to be happy with the work we do. If there is ever an issue or concern of any kind, or an experience that is less than 100% satisfying, please let us know. We want to surprise you with our commitment to making it right.
We stand by a 24-month/24,000-mile warranty on all service repairs, except for the ones listed below:
Alignment: Parts and Labor: 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first. NOTE: Steering or suspension parts installed after the alignment void the limited warranty.
Brake Pads/Shoes Replaced & Rotors/Drums Resurfaced and Reused: Parts and Labor: 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first.
*Note: If rotors/drums are replaced, then subject to 24-month/24,000 mile warranty.
Lube, Oil & Filter Change, Transmission Fluid Exchange, Coolant Exchange, Differential Fluid Exchange, Brake Fluid Exchange, Power Steering Fluid Exchange, Engine Decarbonization, Wiper Blades, Bulbs & Air Filter: 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Virginia Tire & Auto warranties do not cover engine/ transmission replacement, internal engine/transmission repairs or any repair requiring the removal of engine/transmission, differentials, tires or batteries, and are subject to the exclusions noted below. This warranty does not apply to vehicles used commercially. This warranty is only for you and the vehicle serviced – It is not transferable.
If you experience a warranty-related problem with the repaired vehicle as a result of a defect in either workmanship or material during the warranty period, Virginia Tire & Auto will perform the repairs again under the terms of the warranty as outlined. Warranty repairs do not extend original warranty periods.
Limited warranties apply only to the parts and labor shown on a Virginia Tire & Auto invoice—there may be other components in a system that are not covered. Please save your invoices as they are required in order to exercise your warranty privileges.
Authorization must be obtained by Virginia Tire & Auto prior to any warranty repair being performed.
EVERY TIRE PURCHASE INCLUDES: Free Lifetime Rotation & Balance, a Free Alignment Check, and a 60-Day Ride Guarantee.
LIFETIME TIRE ROTATION
Good for the life of the usable tire tread (2/32”). Present your original sales receipt at any Virginia Tire & Auto location for a free tire rotation every 6 months or 6,000 miles. (Vehicles requiring mounting or demounting of tires to perform rotation excluded).
LIFETIME WHEEL BALANCE
Lifetime Limited Warranty: Good for the life of the usable tire tread (2/32”). Not valid if tire is dismounted. TPMS reset procedure not included in lifetime limited warranty.
60-DAY RIDE GUARANTEE
Our 60-Day ride guarantee gives you up to a month to decide if you want to keep your tires or exchange them for a different set of tires at no cost.
Just bring your tires and original sales receipt to the location that sold the tires within 60 days of your purchase and we’ll take care of the rest.
Limitations and requirements
- Tires must be returned undamaged. Tires that are damaged due to misuse, road hazards, mechanical problems related to the vehicle, use in any racing-related activities or competitive events, or tires that are removed from the original vehicle are excluded from this trial period and exchanges do not apply.
- If the exchange is for a more expensive tire, you pay the difference (including sales tax). If the exchange is for a less expensive tire, you’ll receive a refund for the difference. Mounting and balancing are included. Valve stems extra, if necessary.
- Only the tires originally purchased are covered. The replacement tires are not covered by the 60-Day Pledge.
Virginia Tire & Auto Tire Protection Policy
Tire protection available for purchase.
- Free flat tire repair for usable life of the tire (tires are considered worn out at 2/32” or less).
- Time-based tire replacement coverage for 3 years: Year 1 = Free tire replacement
- Year 2 = Coverage for 50% of replacement tire cost.
- Year 3 = Coverage for 25% of replacement tire cost.
- Virginia Tire & Auto always covers the cost to mount and rebalance the replacement tire, plus disposal, tire pressure monitoring system (“TPMS”) charges and other installation fees. The customer is only responsible for appropriate taxes. There are no surprises.
DETAILS OF COVERAGE
- The tire replacement coverage extends for a term of 36 months from the TPP purchase date on your original invoice, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2/32” or less, whichever occurs first. The flat tire coverage expires when any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2/32” or less.
- If the tire covered by the TPP is replaced for any reason, the coverage for that tire ceases. A new TPP must be purchased for the replacement tire to receive TPP coverage.
- To repair a flat tire under the TPP, the tire must be able to be repaired safely per the tire manufacturer and/or Rubber Manufacturers’ Association guidelines. The TPP will remain in effect for the repaired tire for the remainder of the tire.
- If the tire cannot be repaired, the tire will be replaced with the exact make/model of tire, if available. If not available, a tire of comparable quality and price will be installed (to be determined at the discretion of Virginia Tire & Auto). Mounting and balancing of the replaced tire, TPMS, tire disposal, and other miscellaneous fees will not be charged.
- This Tire Protection Program is available on all tires sold at Virginia Tire & Auto and Shell Affiliates.
- This policy is non-transferable.
TIRE MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES
… only cover the workmanship of a tire and the normal wear and tear of everyday driving.
They do not cover tire damage due to all the road debris out there just waiting to ruin your day – hazards such as potholes, nails, glass or jagged metals.
This policy provides such coverage and picks up where the manufacturer’s limited warranty leaves off.
Tire damage due to, or resulting from the following are not covered:
- Overloading, improper inflation or misuse.
- Theft, vandalism or accidents.
- Abuse, improper maintenance or misalignment.
- Sidewall abrasions or cosmetic appearance.
- Installation on racing or off-road vehicles.
- Faulty mechanical conditions of the vehicle.
- Commercial vehicle use – including driving for Uber, Lyft or any other ride-sharing company.
POLICY HOLDER ’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- If your tire is damaged, simply visit any of our convenient Virginia Tire & Auto locations. We can look up your history and view your purchase of the TPP program.
- If you have tire damage within the first 36 months and are not within fifty (50) miles of a Virginia Tire & Auto then you can take your tire to get it fixed at a different auto repair shop, bring us the receipt, and we will reimburse you for the cost.