Smooth, reliable starts. It’s something we can take for granted but should never overlook. The last thing you want is to be stranded on the side of the road due to a dead car battery!
At Virginia Tire & Auto we offer a large selection of reliable and long-lasting Interstate batteries - America's No 1 replacement battery brand.
All batteries purchased at Virginia Tire & Auto come with:
- Our best-price guarantee for comparable quality and installation.
- Our guarantee that the car battery meets or exceeds the specification of your vehicle.
- A fast and proper installation by a trained technician.
- A guaranteed fresh battery.
- A quick and hassle-free warranty replacement if needed.
- An installation process that prevents reset of radio, navigation & other electronic components.
How Old Is Your Car Battery?
Did you know that your car battery came with its “born on” date stamped on it? Normally, it’s the first letter and first number of the inscribed code. Here’s how to read the codes on your battery to determine its age:
|L or M||December|
Note: Original Equipment (OEM) batteries are the same age as the vehicle
Car's Electrical System
Your vehicle’s electrical system consists of a battery, starter and alternator. All three of these components have to work correctly and in unison for your car to start and keep running properly. There are several warning signs if your car’s electrical system is failing. They include:
- Electrical system or battery warning light in dashboard
- Regularly blown fuses
- Slow crank when the ignition key is turned
- Loss of accessory power
Don’t let electrical problems catch you by surprise. Schedule an electrical system evaluation today.
Car Starter System Visual Inspection
- Starter cable connections
- Starter mounting bolts and brackets
Starter Electrical "Draw" Test
Measure the amount of electricity needed to turn the engine over during cranking. Results are compared to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Issue sticker