Summer heat allows us to enjoy the pool, beach, sun tan, hikes and other outdoor activities. However when you venture back to your car its SO intensely hot.
Here are 5 tips to keep your car a little more comfortable during the summer months:
1) Park in a shady area: Look for a parking garage or shaded area near your destination. If you will be out for an extended amount of time, walking a little further will be good exercise and allow your car to be cooler when you return
2) Use a sunshade or window visor: This is an easy and very effective way to block the suns heat and prevent it from burning up your cars interior. If you’re going to be out of the car for over 30 min., it's worth the time to put up a sunshade.
3) Cover your dash & steering wheel: Any fabric or upholstered dash/steering wheel cover make your car’s interior much more comfortable. It burns to touch hot vinyl surfaces! Dash covers also protect sensitive vinyl from sun damage that can cause cracking and fading.
4) Keep your windows cracked: Obviously check the weather before doing this but a small crack will allow ventilation and keep your car cooler.
5) Put blankets over your seats: Vinyl or leather seats can become extremely hot when exposed to the sun & hot temperatures. Putting blankets over the seats will make it more comfortable to sit down when you come back to your car.
Virginia Tire & Auto hopes your summer is full of fun, adventure and unforgettable moments. Remember, before leaving for that epic road trip, be sure your car is maintained and serviced! If you need to make an appointment, you can click here.