* If you have not purchased your tires
- Get a written quote from the tire retailer with the lower price. Please make sure the tire make, tire model, speed rating and index are included in the quote. (email & fax quotes are acceptable)
- Present the written quote to sales associate at any Virginia Tire & Auto.
- The Virginia Tire & Auto Manager will evaluate the quote and if everything meets our policy, we'll not only match the tire price but give you an additional 10% off the difference.
* If you find an ad where the same tire is a lower price than you purchased from Virginia Tire & Auto within the last 30-days, please follow these steps:
- Bring the competitor ad to any Virginia Tire & Auto location and present it to a sales associate.
- The manager will confirm that the ad meets all of the price match criteria including if the ad is local, valid within 30 days of purchase, competitor has the tire in stock and the tire isn't part of special promotion, close out, etc.
- If it meets all the criteria, the manager will offer the customer a refund of the price difference between Virginia Tire & Auto and competitor price plus an additional 10% of the tire price difference.
- Q: Can you give me an example of this policy in effect?
- Q: Another tire retailer has the same tire on a Buy 2/Get 2 Free special. Will you honor that deal?
- Q: What other things should I keep in mind while evaluating the price-match guarantee?
- Q: Why doesn't Virginia Tire & Auto match prices of membership clubs?
- Q: Why doesn't Virginia Tire & Auto match online retailer prices?
Q: Can you give me an example of this policy in effect?
A: Let's say we sell a specific tire at $100/tire and one of our competitors is selling the same tire for $95/tire. If the tire qualifies for our price-match guarantee, we will sell you the tire for (95 - (10% * (100-95))) or $94.50.
Q: Another tire retailer has the same tire on a Buy 2/Get 2 Free special. Will you honor that deal?
A: Our price-match policy does not include special promotions. We find that our competitors often raise the price of their qualifying tires significantly to make up for giving away 2 free tires. So our every day low prices, in many cases, beat such special promotions
- You should also keep in mind that our competitors may require you to purchase additional services, such as premium priced balancing, a premium priced alignment or tire insurance to qualify for such promotions.
- We offer additional services but do not require you to purchase any such service as part of your tire purchase.
Q: What other things should I keep in mind while evaluating the price-match guarantee?
A: You should be aware that our price-match policy applies to identical tires only.
- This means that not only should the tire make and model match but also its speed rating and load index.
- The same make and model of tire can significantly vary in price due to its speed rating and load index.
- Please note: this policy applies only to tires and not to any accompanying installation or service.
Q: Why doesn't Virginia Tire & Auto match prices of membership clubs?
A: As you know, Costco, Sam's Club etc. are membership clubs.
- They charge a significant amount of money up front for membership, which is then used to subsidize products like tires.
- At Virginia Tire & Auto, we do not have any upfront membership charges!
- Plus, you should keep in mind that membership clubs generally compete on price and not on quality or service.
- For example, most membership clubs are not equipped and do not offer any wheel alignment services.
- Failure to check and adjust wheel alignment can result in accelerated tire wear and void tread life and other tire warranties.
- Virginia Tire & Auto offers a free wheel alignment check with all tire purchases.
- So, although, you may get a tire for a few dollars cheaper, you will find the quality of our technician's work and our equipment to be much better.
- Plus, we offer the ability to make appointments, and provide shuttle service so you won't have to wait for hours to get the work done.
Q: Why doesn't Virginia Tire & Auto match online retailer prices?
A: Prices offered by online tire retailers often exclude shipping charges ($10-$20 plus per tire) and do not include many of the benefits that come with every tire purchased from Virginia Tire & Auto.
- Online retailers can not offer free lifetime tire rotations ($60+ value/year), free lifetime balancing ($60+/year) and a free alignment check ($55 value).
- Customers of online retailers have to deal with the risk of significant inconvenience and problems in the event of any tire warranty, defect, shipping or other problems.
- Virginia Tire & Auto takes care of these types of issues for our customers with minimal inconvenience and hassle.